Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
This week's topic is: Top Ten Favorite Covers of Books I've Read
1. Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson - The colors and the movement and the font just capture the wildness, the freedom, the whimsy, and somehow just looking at it still breaks my heart.
2. Hourglass by Myra McEntire - Don't know what it is about this cover, but I swear it actually beckons. I had no intentions of reading this book but it sat on my desk and stared at me until I read it. Now I still see it as a powerful cover.
3. The Diviners by Libba Bray - I love what's going on in the background of this cover. So beautiful. There's nothing lit city lights.
4. Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma - SO beautiful. And so appropriate for the story it tells.
5. Burn for Burn by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian - I don't know what it is about this cover, but I just adore it.
6. Dreamelss by Josephine Angelini - The colors are so gorgeous and the cover is so much better in real life.
7. Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley - It's just perfect.
8. Clockwork Princess by Clockwork Princess - I love the Infernal Devices cover, but this one is just really fabulous. The silver and golds are just beautiful. And so shiny.
9. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer - I didn't read Cinder for a year because I hated the cover. Well, not hate...it just didn't seem like my thing. But I read it and it blew me away. And I was SO excited to go on to Scarlet, which is also incredible, and the cover is perfect. The lettering is awesome and I love the Little Red Riding Hood cape.
10. Just One Day by Gayle Forman - I don't even know where to start with what I love about this cover. It evokes memories of my own time in Europe, it's exotic and familiar at the same time, the girl is interesting, and I know this is weird - but I really want that watch. Also, it's such an amazing book that looking at that cover just brings back all the things I love about it.